Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mini-Babymoon to Tybee Island

Well, it's a miracle we're still married.

Just kidding.

But in all seriousness, after the stress of pulling off my first solo recital (Vidalia Ballet had an incredibly successful end-of-year performance on May 7), Travis and I seriously needed a get away. A personal day. A mental health break.  And luckily, now that my studio is closed for the summer and I'm only working on Mondays at Statesboro School of Dance, we were able to take off on a whim!

So Tuesday, May 10, we pulled the beach chairs and towels out of the attic, packed a cooler with adult libations for Travis and Powerade for me and Baby T, and headed to Tybee Island.

We arrived around 10 a.m. and claimed our little spot.  It. was. the. most. perfect. beach. day. ever. !.

The water was chilly as you waded in, but once submerged it becamse quite comfortable.  In fact, I spent the majority of my time in the water--the feeling of weightlessness and the rock and flow of the ocean took all the pressure of my ever-growing belly off!  It felt amazing!  We had a delicious lunch (kicking myself for not getting pictures of that!) at Bernie's--Trav slurped down a dozen raw oysters on the half-shell (I *cringed*!); I wolfed down a half-pound of peel and eat shrimp; and we shared a truly yummy order of cheese fries!  After that we hit the beach for a couple more hours before heading home.  It was amazing the leave Statesboro and our currently-in-process-of-massively-changing lives for a day, and it made me realize that there is an upside to living in Statesboro, besides it being cheap--you're only a little over an hour from the beach!

The view from our little spot on the beach!

Tybee Island, GA
May 10, 2011

The pier at Tybee Island, GA

37 weeks 3 days
18 days until Baby T's Due Date!
19 lbs later and somehow, miraculously "fitting" into my pre-pregnancy bikini :-)

Trav taking the first, very chilly dip of the day.

The water was kinda cold until you got fully submerged!

Ah, the good life...on the beach, nobody cares if you have a beer at 11 a.m.

Chillaxin' and gettin' Baby T some in utero Vitamin D!

Posing for the last pics of the day...
37 weeks 3 days

A little less flattering, but we had to have a side shot to see the Baby T bump.
37 weeks 3 days

The last shots before heading home...

"Hurry up and take it...I hate posing."

Alright, Baby T, we're in no hurry to evict you--yet! 18 days until you're due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!